Virtual wu-ftpd, BSDI, and anonymous ls

Post by ja.. » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a bsdi 1.1 box with virtual wu-ftpd compiled and running.
Everything runs perfect except that when you logon with a non rfc822
anonymous password, you can't issue the ls command.

If I log on to ftp.fast.net with the user id anonymous pass

If i ftp to ftp.fast.net with the user id anonymous and the pass

421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

Anyone have any idea why this happens, and how to solve it? This is
fairly urgent.

guest and real users have no problems.

Thanks,
James

BTW, please try and respond via email.

1. wu-ftpd 'ls' fails only for anonymous

I'm running Slackware 3.0 on a 1.2.13 kernel.  I've had wu-ftpd
working just fine with earlier Slackware versions (non-Elf), but
with Slackware 3.0 I see the following:

"ls" in a.out format as anonymous works fine.
"ls" in ELF format as anonymous fails - nothing comes out.
"ls" in a.out format as a non-anonymous user works fine.
"ls" in ELF format as a non-anonymous user works fine.

So this tells me (I think) that there is some sort of permissions
problem for some library when "ls" is invoked under
the anonymous FTP user. I can see no library with non-world
readable permissions.  So can anyone tell me:

(1) Anyone know what needs to be changed for this to work?

(2) What is the COMPLETE list of programs that get called
when you invoke the command "ls"

(3) How can I figure out the answer to (2) ?

Thanks in advance.

CANS Webmeister: http://www.cfa.org/           http://cans.com/~tpg

2. mounting as NTFS

3. wu-ftpd problem -- *some* anonymous users can't ls

4. Mandrake 7.0 NE2000/PCMCIA fix

5. wu-ftpd "ls" doesn't work with anonymous?

6. How come my AfterStep only sees 8bpp under Linux?

7. ls -l in.ftpd or wu-ftpd ?

8. Toshiba IDE cd-rom driver

9. wu-ftpd and ls and ls -l

10. BUG in wu-ftpd 2.4 makes ftphosts processing break on BSDI (& other 4.4 ports?)

11. Slackware 3.0 and wu-ftpd anonymous login fails to list directories or files

12. wu-ftpd: anonymous users logged out after password

13. WU-FTPd anonymous help