Change the recipient of "delivery failure notice"

Change the recipient of "delivery failure notice"

Post by lui.. » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

  I use an e-mail account to send e-mails, but I need all the replies,
including the "delivery failure notice" to go to a different account.
  I changed in the e-mail header the fields "From", "Sender", and "Reply-To",
but it didn't work. The "delivery failure notice" are still going to the
original account.

     Thanks, Luiz

Change the recipient of "delivery failure notice"

Post by TheCentralScrutini.. » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>  I use an e-mail account to send e-mails, but I need all the replies,
>including the "delivery failure notice" to go to a different account.
>  I changed in the e-mail header the fields "From", "Sender", and "Reply-To",
>but it didn't work. The "delivery failure notice" are still going to the
>original account.

put the target machine in a file named .forward

Change the recipient of "delivery failure notice"

Post by lui.. » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

  Thanks for the advice, but I can't set a .forward file.
  My problem is the firewall, it does not let me receive any e-mail,
neither the failure messages.
This is why I need the replies to go to another account.

  What else can I do ?

A.arvada1.co.home.com>,

> >  I use an e-mail account to send e-mails, but I need all the
replies,
> >including the "delivery failure notice" to go to a different account.
> >  I changed in the e-mail header the fields "From", "Sender", and
"Reply-To",
> >but it didn't work. The "delivery failure notice" are still going to
the
> >original account.

> put the target machine in a file named .forward

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.