Problems with SCO Unix R3.2v2 and Arnet Smartport

Problems with SCO Unix R3.2v2 and Arnet Smartport

Post by Peter Lev » Fri, 25 Jan 1991 08:24:48

I have problems with a machine running SCO Unix System V/386 R3.2v2 (just
upgraded from R3.2v0).  The machine is equiped with a Arnet Smartport 8
board and driver release 05.01.13.  Problems are associated with a Wyse 120
terminal with attached HP LaserJet IIP printer (uses the parallell port on
the Wyse terminal) and simultaiously using the terminal line for printing and
terminal presentation.
The problems arrises when users do logout during a prinjob.
The terminal device line hangs.  This makes
further use of the terminal impossible.  The problem does not seem to be
with the terminal (turning the power off-on makes no difference).  stty
on the port that hanged is not possible (can't read it as root)
and the only cure I found is to reboot the machine.

This behaviour was not present using the same Arnet driver with SCO Unix
System V/386 R3.2v0.

Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

--Peter
Peter Levin

1. where to get QIC80 driver for SCO Unix r3.2v2?

hi everyone,
  do i need a software driver when i use the colorado 350 drive which only
write in QIC 80 on my SCO Unix r3.2v2 to backup/restore my Informix Online
database?  What information do i need to make a successful tape archive
experience?

2. ATI Mach 64 LT in a Dell Laptop

3. I need sofware for use Arnet SmartPort Plus multiport card!

4. How do I tell "man" or "emacs" to use full telnet window?

5. ARNET smartport

6. shading in CATIA

7. Arnet Smartport

8. Monitor program

9. Arnet Smartport Driver

10. Serial Driver for Arnet SmartPort Board (?)

11. Need software for Arnet Smartport Plus multiport card

12. ARNET SmartPort

13. I need sofware for use Arnet SmartPort Plus multiport card!