Configuring DHCP client for Solaris 7

Post by The New Gu » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Greetings all

I just installed Solaris 7 on my P200 x86 box.  I hope that an intel
platform won't
effect the fix to my problem.

the DHCP client to work.

I've already followed the instructions on suns site :

-------------------------------

By default, the Solaris DHCP client is disabled. To enable it, you must
create a DHCP enable file for each network interface you want to
configure with DHCP. The format of the DHCP enable file is:
/etc/dhcp.interface_name, where interface_name is the name of the
network
interface you want configured by DHCP.

For example, if you would like to configure network interface le1 using
DHCP, you would create the empty file /etc/dhcp.le1. If you have
multiple network interfaces that you would like to configure using DHCP,
you must create a DHCP enable file for each interface

---------------------------------

This however didn't work.

Any suggestions, insights or exeriences you have had with this would be
appreciated.

Thanx in advance

The New Guy

1. Configuring Solaris 7 Dhcp Client

[ I apoligise if this has been posted in duplicate]

[...]

2. Fitting window maker onto disk!

3. Configuring Solaris 2.6 system as DHCP Client

4. Rathat 4.2 : D , Rathat 5.2 : F

5. Configuring DHCP Client on Solaris 7

6. Who needs ELF?

7. Solaris dhcp client sends too long client id

8. Advantages of Apache 1.2b10 over NCSA 1.5.2 ?

9. Howto configure AIX DHCP Client ?

10. Configure Apache w/dhcp client

11. Configuring BSD for DHCP Client baised on Windows computer names

12. Configuring DHCP Client

13. Configure smb w/dhcp client