problemm with dhcp [ with isp ]

Post by Pawel Wieczore » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:05:40

btw: my english is not good ;]

I am FreeBSD user and i have problemm with my dhclient [ realy with isp ]
I have cable modem, realtek ethernet card... FreeBSD4...
My isp uses Windows2000Server... and all UNIX-like system in my city [
Gizycko - Poland ] have problem with dhcp... dhcp server don't send
DHCPOFFER to clients... All windows system don't have this problem ;].

I am 15 old... If I talking with my ISP, her say to me "Your system is bad
your dhcp client is bad, i don't know your system, your problemm"
( gooood administrators, they don't know what is unix.... )
( ehe... all unixes is bad systems with bad dhcp clients ... hehe ]

How to configure isc dhclient to compatible with windows dhclient ?
btw: my administrators is very very very stupid !!!
        My city is small... My ISP don't have concurrents. ;[[

thx ;]

1. RH8 and Mandrake 9 Install Problemm

I am an absolute newbie and I have tried to install both Mandrake 9
and RedHat 8 and both have the same problem. The installation is on a
AMD K6 333 laptop with a 3G HD and 64 Meg RAM. The installation goes
fine until the reboot after the install when the system hangs on the
line

Partition Check:
 hda:_

and it just sits there witrh a blinking cursor. Can anyone help me
with this?

Larrin

2. How to make tablet available

3. SCO+NetFlex = problemm ?

4. CDROM Mounting (E3500)

5. problemm with socket on the SunOS 4.1.1

6. configuring SSH to act as a vpn tunnel

7. problemm accessing Task_struct?

8. c++ to c translator

9. RH 5.1 flawless ftp-dhcp install; dhcp config retained; dhcp fails @ boot

10. forward the dhcp from my isp?

11. Linux hostile ISP [Was: Linux DHCPcd is incompatible with Mikerosoft DHCP server!]

12. Linux and DHCP on ISP...

13. DHCP to ISP