Forwarding e-mail while i'm away- HOW TO?

Forwarding e-mail while i'm away- HOW TO?

Post by jonathan land » Tue, 18 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

can someone please tell me if there's a way to automatically forward all
incoming e-mail addressed to me to a forwarding e-mail address?

is this possible?

thanks,
        -jonathan

emily carr institute of art & design
vancouver, bc, canada

Post by Karlon We » Tue, 18 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> Hi all,
> can someone please tell me if there's a way to automatically forward all
> incoming e-mail addressed to me to a forwarding e-mail address?
> is this possible?
> thanks,
>    -jonathan

try "man sendmail" and search for ".forward"

1. IP forwarding doesn't forward!!

I have two linux machines connected via a point-to-point link...
The two machines can ping each other successfully.  One of the
machines is connected to a LAN via Ethernet, and can
successfully ping and otherwise access that network.  However,
the "remote" machine cannot access (even ping) the LAN...
in fact, it can't even ping the Ethernet side of the main machine.

I *have* IP forwarding turned on, on both machines.

What else do I have to know about this???  Why won't our
local server pass the packets along???

        Dan Miller

2. wine: How to set DOS environment vars?

3. Press Ctrl-D whiling inputting

4. newbie with linux

5. Problems with PPP, connection 'dying' away ...

6. Motif resource file .mwmrc

7. Email Problems: Null's before the header of emails

8. To vendors and magazine publishers

9. How can I read Groups' emails in any email reader??

10. Automatticaly respond to talk, when 'away from key'

11. Why aren't users' processes going away (Solaris 2.4)

12. Didn't the Gartner group say don't move to W2K straight away

13. diplogin tells me to 'Go Away'