Just installed Debian Linux. Need help with drives, and installing X Windows.

Just installed Debian Linux. Need help with drives, and installing X Windows.

Post by Larry Helwi » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have just installed Linux on my computer and need help on how to access my
A: drive (3.5" Floppy) and my CD-ROM drive.
I also need to know what to download to install X Windows and the best
(Easiest) method to install it.

1. Help!-Debian 2.0 dselect always say need libc6 install- but shows already installed!

Hello All;
I'm having a problem with Debian 2.0 where dselect always complains that
libc6 needs to be installed whenever I try to install another package.  the
problem is that dselect also shows libc6 is already installed. I've tried
de-installing and re-installing libc6 several times and get the same
messages afterward.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Kevin Traub
 ARINC, Inc.

2. tcp/socket question ?

3. Need to Install Debian over a RedHat install but...

4. [bug, 2.4.18-3, dcache.c]

5. Debian dselect always says libc6 needs install - but shows already installed!

6. Can't compile kernel 1.1.0 w/ QIC support.

7. debian Linux install help needed!

8. Replacing bad disk

9. Need help installing debian linux on 21164 alpha

10. wanting to install linux, but need help with win me & 40gb drive

11. Need help installing Linux on a 840 Mb drive

12. help needed installing linux (slackware) on a parallel port syquest drive

13. Newbie needs help to install SuSE Linux 7.1 on SCSI hard drive.