i/o to/from one terminal device to be trapped from another.

i/o to/from one terminal device to be trapped from another.

Post by Spandan Choudu » Sat, 16 May 1992 15:06:51

I guess this is just plain ignorance on my part, but I was wondering if
there was a way, if I was logged on to a UNIX system twice simultaneously,
that I could view the contents of *all* the I/O at the terminal of one of my
logins (say, #1) at the terminal of the other login (say, #2), without
interfering with the session at login #1 in *any* manner (i.e. with all action
taken at the terminal of  login #2). I have the impression that it is possible,
but am not quite sure at this moment exactly how...

Can some code be written -- or other steps taken -- to, maybe, trap the I/O
to/from the terminal device (for login #1) to a file/anything else ?

Thanks.

--Spandan Choudury.

ps:- Again, the key ground-rule is that all the steps are to be taken from
     the terminal at login #2 -- and session at login #1 is to be absolutely
     uninterfered with..

1. Am I the first one to try the assembler example from the Sun docs ?

Hi,

I'm talking about this example about Sun Workshop
assembler (example 5):

My problem is that I can compile and run the example
with default settings (/opt/SUNWspro/SC5.0/bin/cc
fib.s). Than when I added a 64 bit instruction I've got
complains. Ok, I addes -xarch=v9. And now it is:
"ld: fatal: relocation error: R_SPARC_HI22: file fib.o:
symbol <unknown>: value 0x400404 does not fit".

Well, I removed my instruction I tried the original
vanilla Sun example. I've got *the same* response.
So, my question is - what to do, what the reason for
this error and how to deal with it ?

Thanks for any hints,
Regards,

Andrei

2. Porting Ada / Motif code from VMS to Solaris

3. HELP! I am trapped inside of XDM!!!

4. tcsh/bash comparison

5. Q: Routing problem: I am trapped!

6. Pls help me !!!

7. Changing one terminal background from another terminal

8. Newbie question: Nested command substitution???

9. How to disable all terminals and/or virtual terminals but one

10. Changing a devices baud rate or terminal type - device busy

11. kermit: device not a terminal device

12. one device driver and 2 devices for it, impossible with linux ?

13. My first device driver => "No such device" :(