How do you convert o/p to VT100 into a text file?

How do you convert o/p to VT100 into a text file?

Post by Philip Stre » Sun, 12 Apr 1992 02:22:45

knew of a filter program for sessions captured in VT100 mode.  I too would be
interested in such a program.  Did I miss his summary of responses?
Thank you.

Philip Street
System Administrator   |  Phone:     (207) 626-4276

1. How do you convert o/p to VT100 into a text file?

Given a log-file of a session with an interactive program (i.e.
by using "script" or similar) is there a method for translating
this file into a text file suitable for editing.

i.e. I use a VT100 terminal, so the log-file contains various control
character sequences required to produce pretty output on the screen.
Obviously I can write a program for filtering out the unwanted
characters but I'm reluctant to re-invent the wheel .... I also
hoped that somebody may know of a utility which rather than just
removing the control codes attempts to translate them in a rational manner.

I'll summaries any responses to comp.unix.questions

Phil

--

University of NewEngland
Northern Rivers

2. a little script

3. Convert a `*.ps' file into ASCII text?

4. high-resolution timer

5. Converting DOS text files

6. trapping signals under csh/tcsh

7. Need Help: converting LF, CR for text file between UNIX and DOS

8. cc problem - can't compile anything!!!

9. Unix Script to convert text files to DOS format?

10. converting linux to dos-text-files ???

11. Converting DOS spanish text file to Linux

12. Looking for DOS utility to convert text files to unix.