Why am I not 'Logged in' ?

Post by Vidya Sagar Vankaya » Sat, 06 Jun 1992 02:32:12

Hi,

I am using Sun O.S. 4.1.1

I use screen to open multiple windows on my vt100 terminal. This
morning, when I tried to set up an alarm for myself using 'leave', I
got the following error message :

Script started on Thu Jun  4 10:00:01 1992
%>leave 1010
leave: You are not logged in
script done on Thu Jun  4 10:00:13 1992

Why am I not logged in ? Is this a bug in screen ?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

--

1. Why is mail for 'news' not sent to 'root'?

By default, mail intended for the newsmaster should be directed to the
root account, right?  So why is it piling up in /var/spool/mail/news
instead of being sent to me?

I disabled the news server from loading at boot time, so every week,
logrotate complains about the news logs.  (But that's another story....)
That means *I* should be getting those messages on a weekly basis.

Can anyone tell me why mail intended for news isn't being sent to me?

Thanks.

***** Steve Snyder *****

2. what can one gleam from the below NETSTAT -s

4. WinFast 2300 working for anyone ?

5. Why Unix people write `...' and not '...' or "..."?

6. Backuping AND restoring data from tape drive

7. Why does UFS logging of '/' break reboot after cpr suspend ?

8. Open Linux2.2 - "Do_Info_Install"

9. why aren't 'esc' ~ 'break' recognized?

10. Why can't I 'startx' except as 'root'?

11. Why am I not logged in wtmp?

12. Can ISP detect when dial-ins are 'overloaded' ?

13. how do 'plug-ins' work?