JAVA PLUGIN FOR NETSCAPE RUNNING IN HP UNIX

JAVA PLUGIN FOR NETSCAPE RUNNING IN HP UNIX

Post by Sud Bhat » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:05:51

Hi All,

When I load any page containing an applet/plugin in the nescape browser
running in HP UNIX, I get nothing but "Loading Java Applet".

The applet never gets loaded. Does anybody know how to configure NETSCAPE in
HP UNIX so that it will load the applet. Note that HP UNIX running NETSCAPE
does have java 1.3. Any help or direction will be appreciated. Thank you.

Sud

JAVA PLUGIN FOR NETSCAPE RUNNING IN HP UNIX

Post by Chuck Slivkof » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:27:37

Assuming that you have:

1. Downloaded & installed Netscape 4.79 from http://hp.com/go/netscape

2. Downloaded & installed JRE & JPI (1.3.x) from http://hp.com/go/java
   Make sure the JRE & JPI are the same exact version. I would stay away
   from 1.4 unless your applet requires it.

3. Loaded the recommended patches listed on the 2 sites above.

then I would start by:

1. "about:plugins"
   Is the plugin listed?

2. Can you load the JPI Control Panel?

   file:///opt/java1.3/jre/ControlPanel.html

> Hi All,

> When I load any page containing an applet/plugin in the nescape browser
> running in HP UNIX, I get nothing but "Loading Java Applet".

> The applet never gets loaded. Does anybody know how to configure
> NETSCAPE in HP UNIX so that it will load the applet. Note that HP UNIX
> running NETSCAPE does have java 1.3. Any help or direction will be
> appreciated. Thank you.

> Sud

1. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

Is there some way to get Netscape 3.0 for Linux to recognize and play
all midi, wav, au, etc sounds?  I have xplaymidi set up as a helper
app, it works when I click on a midi (but I would like it to work
automatically when a midi is embedded into the html).  For wav and au
I use the helper app as "cat %s>/dev/audio".  That works fine for
local au files, but doesn't sound right on other peoples au files.
Any help is appreciated setting up Netscape to its fullest potential.

One other thing, I have set up my home page with several java apps,
and under NT and 95 Netscape they all work great, under Linux
Netscape, the "body onload" scroll at the bottom of the Netscape
window doesn't work (but the other scrolls work).  Really strange, any
ideas?

Robert B. McGehee - University of Mississippi - RM Racing, Inc.

http://www.inlink.com/~rmracing
http://sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu/~rbm

2. sockets:specify address

3. Netscape - Mozilla Java plug-ins

4. format causes box to crash on intel Solaris 8

5. java 2 plugin for netscape

6. Machine IP address. How to get it?

7. Java Plugins for Netscape 7.01

8. Kernel installation/update

9. how to use Java plugin with Netscape von FreeBSD?

10. java 1.4 plugin for netscape 7

11. Netscape Java plugin and 16-bit colour depth

12. java plugin lost with netscape 7.01 install ??