sending email from oracle pl/sql or unix with out writing to a file

sending email from oracle pl/sql or unix with out writing to a file

Post by sk » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 11:37:24

 Hai,

I have to send some information from a set of tables to different users
email addresses.

But is there any  way of sending email from pl/sql.

My database is: 8.1.5 and unix sunOS.

If there is no way of directly sending from pl/sql,how I can send using
unix:

Ex: I have two entrees in the text file as follows

email_address   "Message to that email address"
email_address2  "Message to the second address"

Thanks in advance.

SK

--
sk

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Bit Twist » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:15:44

>I have to send some information from a set of tables to different users
>email addresses.

>But is there any  way of sending email from pl/sql.

>My database is: 8.1.5 and unix sunOS.

>If there is no way of directly sending from pl/sql,how I can send using
>unix:

You might post the question in the oracle news groups.
        comp.databases.oracle.misc
        comp.databases.oracle.server
        comp.databases.oracle.tools
        comp.database.oracle
        comp.database.oracle.server
        comp.databases.oracle
I have seen the question at least once a month.

You might search news  at   http://www.deja.com
before posting.

sending email from oracle pl/sql or unix with out writing to a file

Post by Bobb » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:24:29

If can use sqlplus you can try somthing like -

#!/bin/ksh

sqlresults=`sqlplus -s <user>/<pass> <<- EOF
<sql queries here>
exit;
/
EOF
`
echo $sqlresults >> To_Email...

You can play around with the above, it's pretty straightforward to
incorporate sqlplus into a shell script.

I guess this anwers your second option, good luck with the first.

Bobby.

>  Hai,

> I have to send some information from a set of tables to different users
> email addresses.

> But is there any  way of sending email from pl/sql.

> My database is: 8.1.5 and unix sunOS.

> If there is no way of directly sending from pl/sql,how I can send using
> unix:

> Ex: I have two entrees in the text file as follows

> email_address   "Message to that email address"
> email_address2  "Message to the second address"

> Thanks in advance.

> SK

> --
> sk

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. NY-New York-NOT AN AGENCY-Oracle,PL/SQL,Java,C,Unix,OAS,Dynamo

Do you have experience with some or all of the following:

Oracle Programming or DBA
Oracle Application Server
ATG Dynamo
PL/SQL
Java, especially Servlets
Perl
Browser internals, plug-ins
Apache modules
Unix System Administration, Network Administration

We The Shoppers.com Inc, located in midtown Manhattan, has some exciting
new projects and is quickly expanding it's development group.  We seek
smart people who grok programming and systems, and who love to learn and
to solve problems.. that is our basic qualification.  All else can be
discussed.

Please email your resume to me at the address below.  Include full
contact information and your availability.

Thank you

-Ben Mehlman

PS: Know any good HTML people, graphic artists or project managers?  We
have some positions opening up for them too...

Chief Technology Officer                 (212) 309-8724
WeTheShoppers.com                        http://www.wetheshoppers.com/

2. XF3.2/fvwm95-2 setup problem...

3. pl/sql cusror state using Oracle web agent, web server & database server

4. Debian 1.3, pppd, wont connect when called by WinNT

5. PL/SQL editor/debugger in Java Swing for Oracle

6. Security and Programming Courses

7. SSL, PL/SQL and Oracle Webserver 3.0

8. telnet source

9. Exclusive Unix file system file write locks and Oracle and Veritas

10. extract email from text file and send an email to the email address

11. ### PL/SQL, SQL Code Generator ###

12. Senior Unix Developer, C++ / PL/SQL - Perm - Toronto

13. OT: Passing Unix Variables to a PL/SQL Stored Procedure