Screen Blanker Wanted

Post by stephan.gro » Fri, 17 Apr 1992 06:19:16

  I'm looking for either C source or an executable to blank
the screen after a given amount of time.  Hitting any key
should bring the screen back.
  Please email responses to me, as I don't read this group.

  Thanks -
--

1. Screen Saver vs Screen Blanker

I'm new at Linux, and I've noticed the screen saver
(in console and in X) only blank the screen and don't
shutdown the monitor (low power standby) like Win95.
Linux is a testament to how the volunteer collective
can outperform Bill the Giant.  So when will the screen
blanking feature become an energy saving screen saver?

Does anyone know how to do it?  I know it has something
to do with setting the frequencies.

George Toft

WARNING (learn from my co-worker):
 Win95+MSIE4.0+PirateWare = NetCop+Trashed Computer

 Using Win95 on your computer is like using a spoon
 to eat.  Running Linix is like having the full place
 setting.  So how are you going to eat your steak?
 I'm using the knife and fork!!!

2. C code accessing a C++ library file

3. Screen Blanker for SUN Workstations

4. erorr when using :man -k or apropos?!

5. Q: How to turn off the #$@%&* screen blanker?

6. a plea to distribution creators

7. X Screen Blanker Kill 3D effects

8. Debian/Sarge & BTOpenworld with BT Voyager 1040 PCI card

9. Screen blanker (Black iso White)

10. Screen Blanker; NO!!

11. Screen Blanker? How to disable?

12. password screen blanker