Solaris 2.5 & NeWSprint 2.5

Post by Stephen W. Barnet » Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience getting NeWSprint 2.5 working with
a SPARCprinter on an SBus card under Solaris 2.5?

I have installed successfully and added the printer.  It seems
to print the first job and then the job remains the queue.  If I
'cancel' the job and try to print again the second job just hangs
and never prints.

I get given this error on both jobs:

 %%[ System Error: Unable to map print buffer to disk

Thanks in advance,

Nexos AG                        phone:  +41-61/283-55-00
Frobenstrasse 66                fax:    +41-61/271-96-00
CH-4053 Basel
Switzerland

Solaris 2.5 & NeWSprint 2.5

Post by David Britto » Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Has anyone had any experience getting NeWSprint 2.5 working with
> a SPARCprinter on an SBus card under Solaris 2.5?

I'm running Solaris 2.4 and NeWSprint 2.5b with the following
patches:

102211-03 SPARCprinter Jumbo Patch
102113-03 NeWSprint Queue Fix
101959-06 Solaris 2.4 LP Jumbo Patch
101945-32 Solaris 2.4 Kernel Jumbo Patch

My guess is you'll need the first two patches, but the others
should have been merged into the 2.5 release.

Good Luck!

Dave Britton
Systems Administrator
Air Force Institute of Technology -- AFIT/LSS

Solaris 2.5 & NeWSprint 2.5

Post by Herold Hei » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

)> Has anyone had any experience getting NeWSprint 2.5 working with
)> a SPARCprinter on an SBus card under Solaris 2.5?
)
..
)
)102211-03 SPARCprinter Jumbo Patch
)102113-03 NeWSprint Queue Fix
)101959-06 Solaris 2.4 LP Jumbo Patch
)101945-32 Solaris 2.4 Kernel Jumbo Patch
)
)My guess is you'll need the first two patches, but the others
)should have been merged into the 2.5 release.
)

You should at least try to apply these patches (maybe not everything
will apply). BTW this is sun info so go withi it, even if you see
something like
Solaris Release: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
in those READMEs.

Patch-ID# 101656-08
Synopsis: NeWSprint 2.5 Rev B: xnews server jumbo patch.

Patch-ID# 101821-01
Synopsis: NeWsprint 2.5 RevB. supplied troff width files incorrectly.

Patch-ID# 101941-02
Synopsis: NeWSprint 2.5 RevB: printers don't report printer status

Patch-ID# 102113-03
Synopsis: NeWSprint 2.5 RevB: hangs when printing

Patch-ID# 102211-03
Synopsis: NeWSprint 2.5B: SPARCprinter jumbo patch

Maybe some of those are on the 2.5 CD, too, (dunno and don't have it
handy presently), but since you'll install NeWSprint _after_ solaris I
don't see how they could be merged into it :-)

Herold
--

with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of
democracy known as One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man; he

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. Sudden loss in performance?

3. NeWSprint 2.5 and Solaris 2.4 problems

4. newaliases blowing up with a segmentation fault

5. NEWSprint on Solaris 2.5

6. kab2

7. NeWSprint under Solaris 2.5 -- jobs don't leave queue

8. Copy from Tape to Tape

9. NewsPrint and Solaris 2.5

10. Newsprint 2.5 under Solaris 2.3

11. Turning SPARCprinter off (Solaris 2.3, NeWSprint 2.5)

12. how to install solaris 2.5 x86 to 2.5 gig WD HD

13. Looking for NeWSprint 2.5 rev B