Weird file format

Post by Edward C. Otto I » Tue, 24 Sep 1991 09:14:24

I was emailed a file and can't figure out how to get it un-whatevered.

It starts begin 666 filename
and then has 60 character lines of what appears to be garbage.

What is this and how do I un-whatever it?

Any onfo would be appreciated.

Weird file format

Post by Doug Gw » Tue, 24 Sep 1991 23:56:15

Quote:>I was emailed a file and can't figure out how to get it un-whatevered.
>It starts begin 666 filename

That's "uuencode"d.  Use "uudecode" to convert it back to binary.

1. gdb: core file not in executable format: File format not recognized

We have been having problems recently getting a copy of gdb 4.17 to work
under solaris 2.4 on a sparc20.  Using gcc 2.7.2.3, which seems to compile
correctly, and copies of gdb both built from source and also a prebuilt
binary downloaded from Sunfreeware.com, I am unable to read any core file.
The message I always get is:

core: not in executable format: File format not recognized

I am beginning to think that the problem lies not with the build of gdb,
but more with the configuration of gcc.  Can anyone help me?  I have run
out of ideas about the cause of this.....

thanks

Lindsay Jack

Dept. of Elec. and Elec. Eng.,  tel : +44 (0)141 548 2205 (direct line)
University of Strathclyde,      fax : +44 (0)141 552 2487 Glasgow G1 1XQ,
Scotland, U.K.

2. Red Hat 7.3 - set hostname

3. Convert vc file format to Lotus 1-2-3 file format?

4. Question about diamond 3D 2000 and Microsoft mouse set up

5. Weird Ping, weird FTP, weird Telnet... HELP!!!

6. Problem during installing Solaris 7 on Mitac Notebook Computer

7. Weird, weird, weird issue ....

8. CGI: apache canned response

9. How to format 100mb ZIP with EXT2 file format

10. Microsoft file formats revisited: source for OLE formats

11. Howto change files in Dos format to Linux format

12. Program to convert Unix file format to DOS / Windows format.

13. How to convert text files from Mac/Apple format to Unix format?