1. Q: Apache Virtual Hosting Behind NAT Firewall RH7.1
I have just spent the last 6 hours perusing documents and posts about
virtual hosting apache behind a NAT firewall. I still can't get it to work.
The linux box is out of the box RedHat 7.1. The box is a primary DNS for
the hosted domains as well as a www and sendmail server.
Here is my configuration:
External IP - 22.214.171.124
Internal IP - 10.0.0.2
I am not doing reverse DNS on the 10.0.0.x network. (I have debated trying
10.0.0.2 apoc apoc.mydomain.com
If I lynx into the box locally, everything works correctly. If I run a
httpd -S, all the virtual hosts look correct. But, if I try to access a
virtual host through the firewall, I get the main server default test page.
I assume this has something to do with the TCP/IP headers and the HTTP
headers. From all the documentation, the above should work. I am curious
if the fact that the box is a primary DNS server for these domains, is that
causing problems? I have seen other examples using a proxypass directive,
but that doesn't seem like it should be the correct solution. I have also
heard that some people have problems with the apache build that was shipped
with a particular distro. Could my problem be with the distribution that
RedHat 7.1 ships with? Do I need to rebuild apache?
Thank You for any help,
2. HTACCES & USERS
3. Question about nat and real ips behind firewall
4. AIX and 3270
5. FreeBSD and natd - routing from behind firewall to behind firewall.
6. Display Help
7. FTP server behind linux firewall communicating w/ FTP behind linux firewall
8. Telnet Client Local Echo
9. Apache behind Proxy/Socks firewalls question
10. MSN messenger behind Firewall+NAT
11. VPN with Client behind firewall doing NAT
12. Server behind NAT firewall
13. iptables, NAT, sending mail from machines behind the firewall