SCO UNIX v3.2.4/SCO Merge v2.2.0 - Hangs system when using COM2

SCO UNIX v3.2.4/SCO Merge v2.2.0 - Hangs system when using COM2

Post by Troy Brim » Fri, 18 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Using Merge and attaching COM2 (+acom2) I can successfully use DOS apps
requiring a modem.  However, when the modem hangs up, the whole system
hangs.  All terminals, console, everything.  Flipping the modem power on
and off will unlock the system.  I've tried every conceivable DTR, DSR
and CD modem setting (&D#, &C# and &S#) but to no avail.  UNIX apps can
utilize the modem no problem.  I've also tried using the non-modem
control device driver (tty2a) but it makes no difference.  Please e-mail
a duplicate response.  Thanks!!!

Troy Brimm