HELP WITH PRINTING OF GRAPHICS AND TEXT

Post by Prabhukumar Ganapat » Sat, 22 Aug 1992 14:33:00

I am using pic(1) and groff(1) to draw map and text. I was
wondering if I could print the text in different orientations.
As far as I know pic(1) allows only horizontal orientation of
text. I would appreciate if someone could suggest a way out.

Please e-mail your reply.

Thanx in advance.

PK

1. Help printing graphics and text.

I am looking for some sort of utility that will allow me to merge a
grahpic file with an ascii file and print it.  I know there is something
for DOS that does this but I'm looking for a Unix equivilent.

If anyone has heard of anything that may be close to this, please e-mail
me with the info.

The idea is that an ASCII document would contain a special sequence:
"+CENTER|OVERLAY:signature.pcx" and that text would be replaced with the
designated image.

Thanks!

------------------------------------
Luke J. Bucklin
Management Computer Solutions, Inc.

------------------------------------

2. can't boot up with root filesystem

3. Print to linux printer from Win95, got text, but no graphics

4. Red Hat 6.0 Linux partition

5. Printing text and graphics to a Samba Epson Stylus 400

6. "SIOCSIFADDR: No such device"

7. Text and Graphic Overlay Printing

8. Configure 2 PnP 3c509 cards in RedHat 5.0

9. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

10. Printing text, image, text, image, ...

11. Use lpd/Samba to provide generic text print to text file for windows apps?

12. HELP: Graphics card won't reset to text mode after running X

13. remote printer won't print non plain text print jobs.