configuring a hp laserjet 5P on Unix SCO 5

configuring a hp laserjet 5P on Unix SCO 5

Post by Mailhot Industrie » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I really need a the configuration on a standard file for hplaserjet 5p.
It's been almost 3 days that i am llooking for that. the specs of the
output is landscape, compressed aand works throught another software
(MOOPI)

Thanks for all..

Rejean.

1. HP LaserJet 5P & RedHat 3.0.3

Greetings:
  I've been trying to configure my LaserJet 5P through the printer setup GUI,
via RedHat 3.0.3's Xwindows interface.  After I've configured the printer
(without filters) and reset the lp daemon, I STILL have print requests piling
up in the print queue.  I've tried logging out and rebooting, but I still
cannot print.  I've checked my "/etc/printcap" file, and it seems to be in
working condition.
  What am I missing?  I thought that the RedHat GUI would be somewhat of a
"straight-forward" approach?!?  Even "hand-jamming" my own printcap
definitions, and restarting the lp daemons doesn't work!  I'm using templates
from just about every UNIX book I have and none of them have been any help.

Thanx for any input,
    THE PRECEDING REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE AUTHOR
   AND NOT, NECESSARILY, THE VIEWS OF EDWARD JONES.

2. AppleTalk printers on LinuxPPC

3. GHOSTSCRIPT: which device driver for HP LaserJet 5p ???

4. the local mailer isn't working for sendmail

5. Trouble printing out of Netscape with HP LaserJet 5P

6. what to do with junbuster patches?

7. Printer Drivers for Hp LaserJet 5P

8. CDRom problems!

9. HP LaserJet 5P and blank page

10. empty pages with HP LaserJet 5P

11. What is HP Laserjet 5P emulation?h

12. HP LaserJet 5P print filters

13. HP Laserjet not working under SCO Unix