C news vs. B news and Xenix

Post by Ben Tayl » Sat, 12 Jan 1991 05:10:42

I have built the latest C news version using gcc (from robobar.co.uk)
and am trying to get everything running smoothly.  I have the current
machine running the SCO BNews 2.11.19, and a serial connection to
the test platform.  Spacefor is currently set as a null, and all the
scripts have been hacked for the ":" instead of the #!/bin/sh

Now the problem.  I want to send all news from specific groups to the
new test platform using ihave/sendme.  I have the docs/man pages/instructions
from Cnews, Bnews and "Managing UUCP and Usenet" and have been over this
a couple of times.  However, I can't force the sendbatch to send the
ihave message.  Sendbatch does not appear to work properly.  After
some fooling around, I figured out what it was trying to do.  I faked
the entire news system for comp.unix to the ihave message and it still
failed.

Anyone who knows what the proper scripts for bnews - sendbatch and
cnews - spacefor for Xenix 2.3.2 should be, please let me know.

Thanks

Ben Taylor
Systems Administrator
LCC Inc.
uunet!lccinc!bent
(703) 516-7377

1. News, News, News!

Posted on behalf of `Warpkat in #COLA:

Study Lauds Open Source Code Quality (that's a good thing)
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-985221.html?tag=fd_top

Lindows.com launches Linux notebook
http://news.com.com/2100-1040-985265.html?tag=fd_top

Linux gets standards for "embedded" devices
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-985179.html?tag=cd_mh

--
Donovan Hill
Linux: Because you can!

2. how to get sys stat

3. NNTP News & Local News

4. USB connectivity and networking ?

5. Great News/Bad news on the APS Mac

6. Has anyone ever tried to connect Linux and Vines ?

7. help:feeding news to local news server

8. storing tripwire files on floppy

9. News ain't sending the news

10. 2.4.18-pre8 - Good news and bad news...

11. UUCP-NEWS-MAIL-FAQ: Linux UUCP/News/Mail Frequently Asked Questions

12. Configuring News (WAS:Post News with tin)

13. UUCP-NEWS-MAIL-FAQ: Linux UUCP/News/Mail Frequently Asked Questions