slink-ing own ethernet drivers with TCP/IP..

slink-ing own ethernet drivers with TCP/IP..

Post by C. V. R. Murt » Thu, 25 Jul 1991 12:47:32

The problem: WE want to develop driver for a new Ethernet card and
configure it under TCP/IP.
Environment: SCO ODT -- Unix System V.3.2/386

Question# 1: How does one know the driver interface specification
to be compatible with the up-STREAM IP/ARP module?

Question# 2: Once developed such a driver how does one go about
configuring under SCO TCP/IP?

We have a poratation of Retix Transport s/w in the same
environment but the entire stack of software is based on MAC-level
driver on which we have various layers builts as libraries. As a result,
the applications are slow and bulk of the code is not sharable.
We want the scene to be much in the lines of TCP/IP: single copy of
the lower layer s/w and give a multi-user interface (this could be
compatible with the TLI, preferably) on top.

Question# 3: Would developing a STREAMS based driver solve the problem
for free? (assumption, on top of this we will have a TLI library).

Thanks much in advance,

/cvr

p.s. Since we dont have an on-line news feed, appreciate a reply
instead of some followup.

                Point: Tripping on the Wires..
C.V.R.Murthy.
Phone: (022)5782545 x2750 (022)5783177
E-mail:

  __                                     UUCP: ..!shakti!betaal!murthy
 /    _
/__\/|

1. DDE to TCP/IP Comm Driver via TCP/IP Avail,DDE2TCP,Custom Drivers Avail

        DDE to TCP/IP Real Time Data Pump

DDE2TCP, is a Real Time Data Pump used as a data bridge
between DDE applications and ANY host system using
TCP/IP (SUN,HP,IBM,Apple, etc).  DDE2TCP runs in the
background, totally transparent between server and target
system.

DDE2TCP is perfect for use with any MMI system or spread
sheet such as FIX,WONDERWARE,GENESIS,LabTech,EXCEL,LOTUS
for real time update of SQL databases residing on other hosts.
DDE2TCP comes with it's own configurator for fast and effective
setup.  DDE2TCP runs on WINDOWS 3.1,3.11,95 and NT.  Site
licenses,volume discounts and modifications are available.
For more information on this product or our other porducts
and custom services contact:

                Marshall Rowe
                Custom Technology
                640 N. LaSalle Ste 284
                (773) 384-4104

        VISIT our WEB
        site    WWW.CUSTOM-TECH.COM

2. what is /dev/.SRC-unix for ?

3. pbg3/333 problems getting tcp/ip up and tcp-ing

4. SCSI on notebook PC w/ SCO?

5. How to insert a intermediate filtering driver between ethernet and TCP/IP stack

6. How can I boot with lost LILO

7. Q. How to network with ethernet address only ( without TCP/IP protocol) - in ethernet.

8. Driver blogic for scsi adapter BT-958D (sol_8_x86)

9. SL/IP Driver for TCP/IP. Wanna help?

10. DDE to TCP/IP Comm Driver Avail,DDE2TCP,Demo Program Avail,Custom Drivers Avail

11. DDE to TCP/IP Comm Driver Avail,DDE2TCP, Custom Drivers Avail

12. DDE to TCP/IP Comm. Driver Avail.,DDE2TCP,Sample Prog Avail,Custom Drivers Too!

13. DDE to TCP/IP Comm Driver Avail,DDE2TCP,Sample Prog Avail,Custom Drivers Too.