Newbie question - Dual NIC config?

Post by d.. » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I'm having some problems configuring a multi interface system and was
hoping someone could help me?

I installed Solaris 2.5.1 and config'ed hme0 with no problem. Next I
created a hostname.hme1 file, made an addition to the hosts file and
then config'ed the interface with ifconfig giving it an ip address,
netmask, added a default route then up'ed the interface. Everything
worked perfectly.

But...when I reboot, hme1 picks up the wrong netmask. I tried adding
the subnet, 255.255.255.224, to the netmask file. Everyting seemed to
be fine but again when I reboot the system and typed netstat -rn, the
default route lost its associated interface. If I delete the route and
then re-add it, everything's fine.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

1. Newbie Question - Dual NIC Config

I'm having some problems configuring a multi interface system and was
hoping someone could help me?

I installed Solaris 2.5.1 and config'ed hme0 with no problem. Next I
created a hostname.hme1 file, made an addition to the hosts file and
then config'ed the interface with ifconfig giving it an ip address,
netmask, added a default route then up'ed the interface. Everything
worked perfectly.

But...when I reboot, hme1 picks up the wrong netmask. I tried adding
the subnet, 255.255.255.224, to the netmask file. Everyting seemed to
be fine but again when I reboot the system and typed netstat -rn, the
default route lost its associated interface. If I delete the route and
then re-add it, everything's fine.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

2. HP SureStore 7100e

3. config and use PCMCIA NIC on laptop (newbie question)

4. Fun things to do with

5. Can't config dual cardbus NIC on RH7.1

6. Moving space from SWAP part' to /?

7. Cable modems, Dual NICs, and Newbies

8. how to pipe a command output to grep???

9. newbie routing problem / dual NIC

10. Newbie needs help with NIC config.

11. Newbie- SN 2000 P NIC config

12. Newbie cable modem/nic card config