Netscape

Post by Mike deVer » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I apologize if this has been a repeat, but I'm a newbie, recently suscribing
to this news group. My question is what do I put in the action and
arguments box when I'm installing Netscape or Acrobat.

I had to log in as root, but it's (the programs) are in my user
directory. How do I use these programs as a user (not as root).

Also as a hobbyist, learning Solaris on a Sparc 5, what FAQs,
books, and web-sites do I need to accelerate my knowledge
on Solaris.

Thanks for any reply.
miked

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. Mirorring with VDM SCO R5

3. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

4. PPP to Win'95 Dial-Up Server HOW?

5. Netscape 4.7 vs. Netscape 6.2 BASE URL PATH on a apache 1.3.26 server

6. BUILD YOUR OWN C`A.B,L,E B,O`X...FREE C`A.B,L.E`.... 3859

7. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

8. Setting up the ALSA drivers

9. Netscape for X and Netscape for Win95 share cache?

10. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

11. Netscape 4.77 *after* Netscape 6.01 ?!

12. Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

13. Red Hat 5.0 & Netscape 4.04: Netscape out of memory error?