Deleting Files Without Worrying about : Overriding Protection Of Your File

--

\rm -rf ptolemy

Post by James Youngma » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

  CL> What is the easiest way to delete files without worrying about
  CL> being prompted such as below?

  CL>                                         Chrisdtopher Lusardi

  >> rm -r ptolemy
  CL> rm: ptolemy//tcltk/itcl/man/itcl/man3/Tcl_SetErrorCode.3: override protection 400 (yes/no
  CL> )?

The answer is in the manual page for rm.  See the OPTIONS section.

1. Worry, worry, worry... but not here.

I've got a Hotmail account so I can use MSN Messenger
(I've got a good friend working at Microsoft that uses it.)

Since I've been using Linux clients I'm usually not bothered with the mail
notifications you get on the Windows client. But I'm trying out amsn, and
it does discreetly notify you. Anyway, I got a message in my
Hotmail inbox today.

It said, "Are you worried about email viruses?"
I said, "No" and deleted the message.

The email basically says that using MSN will give you peace of mind because
they scan for viruses for you. Some people would say that Microsoft is
peddling security; I say they're using scare tactics. And they're effective
tactics, too, because the threat is real.

I love using Linux.

I didn't have to sign up for MSN service out of fear of infection. I don't
have to constantly scan for viruses. I don't fear the attachments that got
through the virus scanner, wondering if my virus definitions are up-to-date
or if something new's been written. I don't have the expense and hassle of
locating the right virus scanner, or multiple scanners because I can't
trust just one. I've got piece of mind without the monthly service charge.

Linux. It REALLY works.

--
Dave Leigh, Consulting Systems Analyst
Cratchit.org

2. sendmail.cf in Solaris 2.3

3. CERN Httpd configuration file (Proxy Protection in seperate file)

4. Question about dual PPro

5. Files deleted in /dev/pseudo without reason

6. Banner message on Console

7. Q: Deleting files without confirmation

8. Interpreting 'sar' output

9. Delete lines without creating temporary file?

10. recover deleted file in hp-ux ( vxfs file system)

11. deleting a line in a file, where file is in directory structure

12. Would sparse file technique help in deleting initial part of Accounting file?

13. HOW using 1 files contents as info to delete the second files containing that pattern?