PCNfsPro and Win 95

Post by Brian Ri » Tue, 09 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I posted this to anther group also, but thought this might be a good plcae
to try also.

Thanks

I am a new Network admin and we just upgraded to PCNFS pro ver 2.0 becuase
other people had upgraded to Windows 95.  They are running the Microsoft
network, stuff also, and I am having troubles getting the Pc's to print o
ff the Sun machine.  I am logging in Fine, and they can see the shared
drives, but some of them can't print. They connect to the printers but
when they try ot print it says" check your network connection" I think it
is the Microsoft Network
Crap, but the other comupter guy thinks diffrent.  Any help from the Usenet
World.

Thanks,
Brian Rice

PCNfsPro and Win 95

Post by SpectraCom, Inc » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I posted this to anther group also, but thought this might be a good plcae
> to try also.

> Thanks

> I am a new Network admin and we just upgraded to PCNFS pro ver 2.0 becuase
> other people had upgraded to Windows 95.  They are running the Microsoft
> network, stuff also, and I am having troubles getting the Pc's to print o
> ff the Sun machine.  I am logging in Fine, and they can see the shared
> drives, but some of them can't print. They connect to the printers but
> when they try ot print it says" check your network connection" I think it
> is the Microsoft Network
> Crap, but the other comupter guy thinks diffrent.  Any help from the Usenet
> World.

> Thanks,
> Brian Rice

Well, I keep reading that you should de-install the printers with
the WIN95 Setup Wizard and reboot the system.
Configure the printer from the PCNFS login screen.
Then add the printer to the WIN95 setup wizard and reboot.

-Scott Yanoff