Performance Measurement Utilities, System V

Performance Measurement Utilities, System V

Post by James R. Reg » Mon, 02 Jul 1990 20:44:00

I am looking for leads to persons or manuals that would
advance my knowledge of tuning system V for minimum overhead
as well as tuning the disk subsystem for maximum throughput.
I would also be interested in any information that describes
work load analysis, how to use performance tools, and housekeeping
techniques that reduce peak load and estimating capacity.

Thank you.
.
James R. Regan

1. Performance Measurement Utilities

I picked up a copy of the O'Reilly book 'System Performance Tuning' so
that I could get a better sense for the health of my system.  It
refers to utilities offered bin Berkley Unix and System V to gauge my
system's status.

These are iostat (disk statistics), sar (CPU usage), prdaily and
perfmeter.  Anyone know if these utilities or things like them are
available for Linux?

Thanks!

2. FreeBSD source for ppp-2.4.1 ???

3. performance measurements on unix-systems (V.3 680X0)

4. keyboad mapping errors

5. SPMI (System Performance Measurement Interface)

6. Mitsumi FX? CDROM

7. System Performance test utility?

8. FC Adapter 6227 Problem: unknown packages required

9. Slowing performance of system utilities and help

10. Solaris Live Chat Session May 17: "Solaris Utilities for Monitoring System Performance"

11. wireless noise measurement utility

12. performance measurement tools

13. performance measurement for Pentium CPU