Wanted: The Hacker's Dictionary

Post by Ethan Lish of THI » Wed, 28 Nov 1990 13:14:17

Well, The subject line says it all.....I would like to loacte a copy
of "The Hacker's Dictionary"....Do *YOU* know where it may be loacted?

                Thanks,
                        Ethan
--
             "Exploring the COSMOS one byte at a time."

Tomorrow's Horizons, Inc. 4807 Bethesda Ave, #330, Bethesda, MD 20814-5299

Wanted: The Hacker's Dictionary

Post by Eric S. Raymo » Fri, 30 Nov 1990 00:20:45

Quote:> Well, The subject line says it all.....I would like to loacte a copy
> of "The Hacker's Dictionary"....Do *YOU* know where it may be loacted?

The book you cite (ed. by Guy Steele, Harper & Row 1983) is obsolescent and
out of print. I am the anointed-by-Guy maintainer of the *new* Jargon File
which should be available for ftp on rutgers by the time you read this.
--

1. perl-hacker != c hacker.. Perl5a8+ binary wanted

I may be a perl hacker, but I'm not a c hacker.  And as such, I've
been unable to get perl5a8 to compile, notwithstanding the sexy
new config scripts.  Could someone upload a linux binary,
dynamically linked, to sunsite or tsx or some other publicly-
available archive site?

[p.s.: I know that there's going to be a lot of other required
stuff, like libdld, and libdbm, but hey, just mention it and
leave it to the alpha hackers to straighten out the rest.]

2. tun-devices not able to create

3. Hackers Dictionary

4. Problem with compiling customized pl13 kernel after newinstallation

5. Click'n'See dictionary

6. IP MASQ works - How secure is it?

7. Wanted: Foriegn Language Dictionaries

8. Red Hat 7.1 (RH7.1)

9. German dictionary wanted.

10. WANTED: Australian dictionary

11. Wanted: Dictionary German2French

12. On-line Dictionary Wanted

13. Where's the VOXWARE Hacker's Guide???