Notification on completion of background jobs

Notification on completion of background jobs

Post by krishna.. » Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:14:43

Hi,
 I have a series of background jobs which are submitted through a shell
program. How can I track the notification on completion of these
background jobs in a separate file? I also need to know the unix return
code of each of these programs.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Notification of background job completion ?

I don't know if this is a bug, or what.

When I run a job in the background which produces no screen output,
I am not notified that it is completed unless I press return.

A sample is doing the following:
sleep 1 &

Oh yeah, I'm using v.99pl8, SLS 1.01.

--  --
Manish
--  --

2. Please explain pppd syslog line.

3. ZSH: notification for background jobs inside a script?

4. Apache log analysis tools?

5. How to wait for completion of a background job?

6. chmod 3773

7. How to find out a job is a background job?

8. Config ATI GT & Gateway Crystalscan 700

9. Could /dev/epoll deliver aio completion notifications? (was:

10. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!