SunOS 4.1.2 shmget() returning EPERM, why?

SunOS 4.1.2 shmget() returning EPERM, why?

Post by Greg Knau » Wed, 23 Mar 1994 16:56:30

A friend of mine just upgraded from SunOS 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and is
having odd problems with shared memory.  Under the old OS,
her process would merrily get an EEXIST from shmget() with
IPC_CREAT and IPC_EXCEL set, as it should.  Under the new version,
it returns EPERM, but only if the uid that created the memory is
trying to get a new attachment.  (Permissions on the memory allow
everybody to read and write.)
        I couldn't find any mention of shmget() problems anywhere.
Anybody ever experienced anything like this?  Please e-mail any
(_any_) ideas.  Thanks.
--

1. Why msgsnd returns EPERM

Hello,
The following msgsnd function worked on my station (Solaris 2.7) But
when I run it on different station (also Solaris 2.7)
It fails. The errorno value is 1 which equals to
#define EPERM 1 /* Not super-user  */

Thanks.

if (msgsnd(qid, &msg_buf, len, 0) != 0)
{
  perror("sendMsg: msgsnd error");
  return FALSE;

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Mandrake 6.0 boot problem

3. Linux Virtual Web mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)

4. Why does shmget return 0?

5. screen instability in X windows

6. Fix -EPERM returned by kernel_thead() if traced...

7. Raid card

8. shmget return values

9. SunOS: select() returns 1 AND EINTR on socket

10. returning to SunOS after long linux hiatus

11. newbie: uname doesn't return SunOS as -s?