Prommaning with ftp

Post by Eric LER » Fri, 30 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Does someone know the return code of FTP or how make a file transfer with
security with FTP.
We want to buid some scripts over FTP to tansfert file and to manage the
files generation

Thanks a lot.

1. Solaris ftp v Pro-ftp v WU-ftp

One-year newbie Solaris admin here. (And four yrs Linux experience extra,
does
that count extra credit?)

Management thinks they want an internet ftp server for the company.
Whatever,
they're mgt, and 'I serve at their pleasure'.. and paycheck. My questions:

1). why use a package like ProFTP or WU-ftp, instead of Solaris 2.6 ftp,
which
seems to me easy enough to use and cfg? (I'd ask them why, but that'd be
interpreted
as 'a bad thing'.)
2). which FTP is 'better'? I've heard of WU-ftp security holes, but am not
familiar
with Pro-FTP problems.
3). is there a better way to go?

I'm guessing this is for external customer browser convenience, which will
make me
RTFMs soon enough, yet any other comments, suggestions, or insights would be
appreciated. Thank you.

-fgz
(name alias and bogus email adrs to protect the guilty.)

2. British UN worker deliberately murdered by Israeli Army

3. FTP: New Linux FTP site: ftp.kernel.org

4. JVC XR-2022 CD-R burner

5. Secure ftp, ftp over stunnel og ftp-ssl.

6. How To Decompress ARJed files????

7. How to connect to an FTP through an FTP-Proxy.

8. HELP with smail needed.

9. Can't ftp to Linux box from windows ftp client

10. make a character device /dev/ftp that do ftp

11. Problems with FTP (wu.ftp) HELP!

12. FTP: Looking for source code for FTP client program

13. how do I use the cern ftp proxy with non web ftp clients?