query: example sun3/50 scsi drivers

Post by Dok » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 23:30:43

My research concerns a specialized computer display.  I need to
communicate with it over a scsi bus from a Sun3/50.  Does anyone have
experiance writing scsi device drivers for suns?  Could someone please
send me some example code?

                                        Thanks in advance,
                                        Doke Scott

1. pci ultra scsi cable to 50 pin scsi ii (vhdc ro 50 pin)

Hi,

I've got a PCI ultrascsi host adapter in an ultra5 - this came with a
a cable (vdhc1 to scsi 68), however at this moment in time I only have
50 pin scsi devices to connect to it

So is there a vdhc1 to 50 scsi cable availalbe - I've only found the
68pin version. I guess this feels like a retrograde step but it;s not
feasible to buy a 68 pin device just so that I can then use a 68-50
pin cable to chain my existing external disks.

And is it only me (probably)  but do these vdhc connectors feel flimsy
to you?

Many thanks, any info appreciated
shin

2. What does UNIX stand for ??

3. How to boot sun3/50

4. How do you get the dialout to work?

5. Booting a Sun3/50 with root on NFS.

6. Modem Purchase Suggestion Sought

7. How do I set default boot device on Sun3/50

8. Help! Problem with external disk system

9. UPS for Sun3/50 at home

10. SUN3/50 Ethernet Problem

11. Install NetBSD on Sun3/50 - a good idea?

12. Sun3/50 & NetBSD X11R6

13. sun3/50 as xterminal