checksum errors.

Post by Kevin Leighto » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

Does anyone know why, when I try to install a new OS (4.1.3),
it freezes up at the # prompt? On a SPARC10.

I also get cheksum errors after it detects the disk, however,
I did try a different disk that I KNEW worked, and still came
up with a checksum error.

Thanks,,, KL

1. IP Masq + Checksum Errors - Possible solution?

Using IP Masq supplied with RedHat 4.2, any win95 machine on our local
lan would cause TCP/UDP checksum errors when web browsing. The errors
would sometimes be so frequent as to seriously reduce throughput. (Web
pages would tend to stall).

On looking at the IP Masq pages on www.indyramp.com we could see that we
weren't alone in suffering this problem. So I started fiddling, on the
assumption that not everyone was experiencing this problem...

Anyway to cut a long story short I have been able to isolate one option
in the ppp setup that is capable of toggling this problem on/off.

    "Van Jacobson header compression"

With -vj (Disable) in ppp/options we get no checksum errors

With #-vj our ISP negotiates VJ compression and we get approx 8 checksum
errors per minute when browsing.

It would be interesting to see if this works for anyone else seeing
these errors.

Regards,
--
Iain McWilliams                          LMP Technical Services Ltd

2. NISKIT: will it ever work?

3. Checksum error on wide-dhcp port

4. pci_init: no BIOS32 detected

5. 115k serial card - checksum errors

6. HELP! Yggdrasil Linux hangs on boot from CD!!!!!!!!!! Anyone please help?!?

7. : Checksum Error

8. best small linux for doing home router/firewall

9. Checksum Error

10. RH 6.1, 3C905C Checksum Error?

11. Checksum errors with Tru64 Entusiast License

12. Any solution for a lot of checksum error when using IP-Msqp?

13. tar: Directory checksum error