I am looking for a MIME-capable unix based news reader

I am looking for a MIME-capable unix based news reader

Post by Gerben_Wie.. » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

        I am looking for a newsreader a la nn or trn that is capable of
decoding MIME messages (like the use of decode from within nn to decode
uuencoded contents). Does such a beast exist?

--

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Renee: "Met veel koper maakt men hoempa." (After hearing a Nielsen symphony)

Post by Goran Larss » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>    I am looking for a newsreader a la nn or trn that is capable of
> decoding MIME messages (like the use of decode from within nn to decode
> uuencoded contents). Does such a beast exist?

This, and many other usefull features, has been added to trn 4.0.
It is still in beta, but much, much more stable than any beta from
Netscape :-)

    ftp://ftp.clari.net/private/trn/trn4-test54.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.uu.net/private/trn/trn4-test54.tar.gz

--

 I was an atheist,            http://home1.swipnet . se/%7Ew-12153/
 until I found out I was God.

I am looking for a MIME-capable unix based news reader

Post by John E. Dav » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>    I am looking for a newsreader a la nn or trn that is capable of
>decoding MIME messages (like the use of decode from within nn to decode
>uuencoded contents). Does such a beast exist?

  slrn (ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slrn) can handle MIME.  See
http://space.mit.edu/~davis/slrn.html for more information.

--John