Environmental variable of the window manager

Environmental variable of the window manager

Post by Arun Sharm » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I was just wondering if it possible to set some environment variables
in an _already_running_ window manager, without exiting it.

Specifically, I want to set NNTPSERVER=news.my.domain, so that when I
bring up a newsreader from the window manager menu, it finds the
correct news server.

Please reply by mail.

Thanks!
--
Arun

1. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

I like using ICE as my w.m.  but sometimes I like the look of
WindowMaker.  How can I open this up in Ice.

also, can I use KDE as my default and then be able to use Ice or WM as
above?  The only reason I'm asking is that KDE is an environment while
the other two are managers.

also , does anyone know where i can get a tutorial or a good web site
on Ice.  the main site seems to be down or misplaces or something.

2. Rather Strange NIS+ behaviour

3. how to set environmental variables (ie. PERLLIB)

4. When Config Ass't Persists

5. Global Environmental Variables

6. POSIX threads and Tru64 5.1a woes

7. Newbie question: set environmental variable by using a script

8. pthread not working properly

9. Setting Environmental Variables

10. Using Environmental Variable in Filename

11. Environmental variable questions

12. HZ environmental variable

13. Help Needed with Environmental Variables