Elm for DEC Alpha DEC Unix

Post by David Nghi » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi all, I'm currently sysadminning some DEC alpha servers here, and I need to
set up an email system on here. Apparently, none of the elm sources I got were
able to compile successfully. Is there anyone out there who compiled it? Or
can provide a binary? Much appreciated.
\
Dave.

1. Problems running Dec Fortran binaries on Dec Alpha 433a

I just installed RedHat 5.0 (2.0.30 Miata kernel) on my Digital Personal
Workstation 433a.  When I try to run binaries compiled under Digital Unix
with Digital FORTRAN I get the error:

forrtl: info: Fortran error message number is 64.
forrtl: warning: Could not open message catalog: for_msg.cat.
forrtl: info: Check environment variable NLSPATH and protection of
/usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US.ISO8859-1/for_msg.cat.
forrtl: severe (64): Message not found

No problem, I ran into this when I loaded Linux on other alpha machines -
the NLSPATH environment variable now points to a valid fortran message
catalog. Now the program crashes at the same point, but gives the
message:

forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit -5, file Internal
Formatted Read

Indicating that an invalid character was detected during a formatted read.
I've tried copying the for_msg.cat file from other machines to solve the
problem - no luck. FYI this binary runs fine on my PC164 machines. I'm not
sure if the problem is with reading the message catalog, or with the
binary itself.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Riehle
University of Minnesota

2. setting CGI environment variables badly (apache 1.3)

3. Question about DEC and DEC/ALPHA

4. DSO error while loading <ThirdParty>.so on apache start

5. Linux olvwm under DEC OSF/1 / DEC UNIX?

6. installing mklinux on PB1400

7. Unix on an older DEC 3000/600 or DEC 3000/300

8. Problem with 'sed' (command garbled)!!

9. Development Tools for Dec Alpha/Digital Unix 4.0?

10. pc/windows diskettes on Dec UNIX/Alpha

11. can two copies of apache run on one DEC alpha unix server?

12. Linux on alpha and dec unix

13. DEC UNIX/Alpha /dev/lat/##