how change a page size for man' output and how insert FF after every pages

how change a page size for man' output and how insert FF after every pages

Post by á?á??ìéê ??ò???é » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Could you tell me subj or point source of documentation.
When I use command

man printcap | lpr

I want receive good formatted output for my paper size and font setting

Answer by email please.
Sincerely,
Anatoly

Post by tomZ » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 14:22:49

> Could you tell me subj or point source of documentation.
> When I use command

> man printcap | lpr

> I want receive good formatted output for my paper size and font setting

> Answer by email please.
> Sincerely,
> Anatoly

Do a "man" on "man". My feeble memory recalls options to format output to file
instead of screen (default?). You  can then print the file (all within a script
if preferred). There was also an option to have output formatted for specific
printers as listed in dev file somewhere.

Unix, I nix, we all nix,
tomZ
--
If you reply to sender, you'd _BETTER_ remove SPAM from my email!

Post by cra.. » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 06:09:56

> Could you tell me subj or point source of documentation.
> When I use command
> man printcap | lpr
> I want receive good formatted output for my paper size and font setting

man man
man troff # or groff

On my system:

        $ man -w printcap
        /usr/share/man/man5/printcap.5.gz
        $ zcat $(man -w printcap) | groff -man | lpr

Or, more simply:

        man -t printcap |lpr

Regards,

Craig

how change a page size for man' output and how insert FF after every pages

Post by Todd Seidenber » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 08:29:58

: Or, more simply:

:       man -t printcap |lpr

: Craig

Craig,

you can pipe the output of the man command into a2ps, which is an ascii to
postscript printer.

something like:

        man ls | a2ps -man -Pprinter

hope this helps...