self-compiled programs won't run -- unix cant find them!

self-compiled programs won't run -- unix cant find them!

Post by Michael Stu » Sun, 15 Jan 1995 01:00:28

I've been having a strange problem lately.  We're running AIX 3.2 and
although I can compile c programs fine, I can't seem to run them.  This is
the error message I get when I try to run it:

$./foobar
Could not load program ./foobar
Could not load library libc.a[shr.o]
Error was: No such file or directory

I get this message for any c program.  Old programs I compiled in the past
run fine.  I tried to compile a program in someone else's acount and guess
what?  It worked fine.  At first I thought it might have something to do
with the fact that I use csh (everyone else uses ksh), or that something
wasn't in the path, but I don't think its either.  Anyone out there can
help?

1. Self compiled programs don't run

I'm using RH6.0 with kernel 2.2.5 i have compiled the kernel with
support for a.out binary, ELF binaries and MISC. binary. When i try to
run a C++ program that I've compiled with gcc version  egcs-1.1.2 and
option -g -o <program name> i get the following error  :

bash: ./<program name>: Permission denied

The debugger "GNU gdb 4.17.0.11 with Linux support" give me a the
following error :

Starting program: path/<program name>
/bin/bash: path/<program name>: Permission denied
/bin/bash: path/<program name>: Permission denied

Program exited with code 01.
You can't do that without a process to debug

Root can not run the program ass well, the attributes of the file are
rwx for owner, r x for group and r x for every body

I will appreciate it if some one can help me in this matter or tell me
where i can read some that will help me.

Thanks in advance

2. Caps Lock is sticking

3. TKPerl Cant Find My X Installation...Won't Compile/Install

4. PnP Rewrite Fixes - 2.5.44

5. Cannot run self-compiled applications

6. RiscBSD Beta 1.2

7. Cant compile applications: "make" cant find "cc"

8. HomePNA Driver

9. cant run make menuconfig or make xconfig, and cant compile from make config:(

10. Named won't run - can't find named.conf

11. X won't run says can't find config file

12. Apache-SSL won't compile: Can't find ssl.h!

13. kmp3 won't compile, can't find /usr/bin/moc