How to get rid of /proc (Full Backup

Post by ·s?_?q???é ? » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

  I would like to use find + cpio to get a full backup of my Unix system.

But I don't think that the -prune works perfectly.  U know why ?

Becuase if I restore the backup tape it didn't restore /etc/fs/proc !

  Pls help !

P.S I am using SVR4

--
< s?_?q??? >

1. How to designate full backup to specific tape using Solstice Backup?

I met a problem with Solstice Backup like this: we need to bring out the
tapes containing full backup weekly. all the full backup can be stored in
one dlt7000 tape. we need to keep the data for at least one month. Can
anyone give me any suggestion on how to do this?

I find that a "group" can be designate to specific  "Pool". but when to do
full backup is defined in schedule, this is related to client. How to
designate only the full backup to "Full pool"? we need to send them to
different buiding for safety.

2. Kernel source?

3. /proc/kcore...how to get rid of it?

4. LAN not connecting to the Internet???

5. How do I get rid of 'file system is full' messages?

6. Newbie Buys A Workstation Needs A Question Answered.....

7. PROPOSAL: /proc standards (was dot-proc interface [was: /proc

8. limit on number of procs per user ???

9. PROPOSAL: /proc standards (was dot-proc interface [was: /proc stuff])

10. proc table full with Apache 1.2.4

11. Proc table full

12. root (/) and /proc full

13. oops. proc table is full