how to setup mail list server

Post by Erik van bronkhor » Fri, 31 Dec 1993 08:21:45

I have looked high and low, in various archive sites, waded through
9 meg index files and I cannot seem to find any pointers to mail list
software.  How are mailing lists commonly implemented?  I would rather
have something simple to administer than to have to edit /etc/aliases
every day...

Thanks

--
Erik KC6UUT DoD#4342585443 AMA#438054

how to setup mail list server

Post by Part » Thu, 06 Jan 1994 21:46:49

Quote:> I have looked high and low, in various archive sites, waded through
> 9 meg index files and I cannot seem to find any pointers to mail list
> software.  How are mailing lists commonly implemented?  I would rather
> have something simple to administer than to have to edit /etc/aliases
> every day...

This question has been asked some time ago, I remember some of the
software names:  listserv, mailserv, majordomo
You might use archie to search for ftp sites carrying these programs.

--

EDV-Zentrum, Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Nussdorfer Laende 11                      Please correct me, if I am wrong!

1. mailing-list & list-server help needed

Hi all,
I am searching for some information on "mailing list" and "list server"
for my thesis. I don't know nothing of the arguments, so any information
will be appreciated.
If someone knows something about software to put into practice the
program outlined above which will be used in a Sparc10 with Solaris 2.3
please send to:

Infact i don't usually use the news service. In return for your favour
i am going to summarize my work and distribute it to the groups.

Thanks in advance,
        Pino Recci.

2. Network Printing / FAQ

3. forwarding using mail -F protocol (or how to setup a local mailing list).

4. Free SQL database

5. private mailing list, which list server to use?

6. Kernel Panic: VFS : UNable to mount root fs on 08: 08(Help needed)

7. MAILING-LIST: Linuxisp Mailing list

8. How to setup new second disk?

9. MAILING LIST: Internet mailing list managers

10. LOCAL/MAILING-LIST: Mailing list for Greek Linux Users

11. MAILING-LIST: new Cyclades Users mailing list

12. MAILING-LIST: Frontpage/Linux Mailing List

13. MAILING-LIST: Linux Women's Mailing List Now Online