FTP : Non Interactive Execution

Post by ex-lurke » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I need to perform some repetitive tasks using ftp,
including :

- traversing directory structures
- compressing and deleting files on the source
- ftp'ing files 8)

The commands will be executed in a variety of
environments

WINDOWS/NT
Netware
SUNOs

What's the best (or most appropriate) tool for the
task.  I've had a couple of suggestions :

- shellscripts
- PERL API implementing ftp commands

comments welcomed

Doug

1. Install interactive package non-interactive during Jumpstart

Hi Guru's.

I've build a package which contains a postinstall scripts. During installation
of this package while the machine is running, it asks me wether or not the in-
stall has to continue since a script will be runned as root.

During a installation of this package in jumpstart, the system hangs; I guess
it hangs because it expects input (I cannot verify this, since the log doesn't
mention it). How can I install the package without answering all kind of questions?

Thanks.

-Remy

2. Disaster with the 980514 Mach Kernel

3. interactive/non-interactive?

4. Apache use with Win95/NT like WinGate

5. Problem - testing for interactive vs. non-interactive using tcsh/prompt

6. Mach64 and CTX 1765GM

7. Looking for Non-interactive 'mput' When Doing ftp

8. CD drive missing in MD-DOS mode

9. How-to - Non-Interactive FTP script

10. non-interactive ftp sessions

11. Looking for Non-interactive 'mput' When Doing ftp

12. Error Code From Non-Interactive FTP <sec>

13. How-to: Non-interactive 'ftp' session ...