Spreadsheet in Unix

Post by Marc David Bumb » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there a freely avail spreadsheet calculator in Unix?  I thought there
was a program called sc, for spreadsheet calculator, but i cant find it,

thanks,

marc
--

/++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++/

Marc Bumble                  Computer Science and Engineering
University Office Phone:     (814) 865-2841
Pond 214 Lab Phone:          (814) 863-3627
Pond 111 Lab Phone           (814) 863-4422
University Department Fax:   (814) 865-3176
University Internet address: http://trantor.cse.psu.edu/~bumble/
University Office Address:   220 Pond Laboratory
                             Computer Science and Engineering
                             Pennsylvania State University
                             University Park, PA  16802

Spreadsheet in Unix

Post by Thomas J. Mallo » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Oleo is a full featured, but somewhat lacking in documention and ease of
use, gnu spreadsheet.  If you use X xspread is also good.  In addition
Staroffice and Applix both include spreadsheet programs

Just do a search for unix software and you will find these and several
others.

Spreadsheet in Unix

Post by Kuntal M Daftar » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a freely avail spreadsheet calculator in Unix?  I thought there
> was a program called sc, for spreadsheet calculator, but i cant find it,

hmm... i had similarproblems finding sc. but there is a xterm version for it
(curses based?) called xspread which might be easily available.

Kuntal M. Daftary   Cisco Systems Inc
Ph: 408 527 9789    170 W. Tasman Dr

1. Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins

XESS Corp. Encourages Third-Party Plug-Ins for the NExS Spreadsheet
X Engineering Software Systems (XESS Corp.) announces the initiation of a
program to encourage the creation of plug-ins for the NExS spreadsheet by
third-parties. Henceforth, the author of any code that XESS Corp. chooses to
publish on its Web site will receive a free license for the NExS Personal
Edition spreadsheet.

NExS Product Manager Dave Vanden Bout stated:

     Many of our customers are interfacing NExS to other tools in
     unique ways. We want to encourage them to share their creations
     with others. We'll admit that a free copy of NExS is hardly
     adequate compensation for the work that goes into many of these
     plug-ins, but a small reward is better than no reward. And we are
     not limiting this program to just plug-ins: anyone who has a NExS
     spreadsheet for an interesting application or a document
     explaining how to use NExS in a particular area is eligible for
     this program. Just e-mail it to us. If we use it, we'll send you a
     free NExS license.

Those interested in the various plug-ins currently available for the NExS
spreadsheet can check them out at www.xess.com. XESS Corp. provides these
plug-ins on an unsupported basis in the hopes that they might be useful to
users of the NExS spreadsheet. In addition, a free, 30-day version of the
NExS spreadsheet and the new conNExions-BETA API can also be downloaded for
the HP/UX, AIX, Digital UNIX, SunOS, Solaris and Linux platforms.

                                - 30 -

Previous news releases on the NExS Spreadsheet
   * New Interface Between Perl and the NExS Spreadsheet
   * Simulated Annealing Plug-In for NExS Released
   * Genetic Algorithm Plug-In for NExS Released
   * Updated Tcl/Tk Interface for the NExS Spreadsheet
   * Linear Programming Plug-In for NExS Released
   * Academic Pricing for NExS Personal Edition Introduced
   * Free 30-Day Trial Licenses for NExS
   * NExS Version 1.3-BETA Available
        o New Features in NExS 1.3-BETA
        o Bug Fixes from NExS 1.2 to NExS 1.3-BETA
   * Buy NExS for UNIX, Get NExS for Linux Free!
   * NExS Version 1.2 Available

--
|| Information Director    XESS Corp.               (919) 387-0076 ||

|| http://www.xess.com     Apex, NC 27502 USA   FAX:(919) 387-1302 ||

2. Slackware problems with new kernel.

3. WANTED: Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins

4. Maintaining a function library: sample Makefile wanted

5. Unix Plug-ins?

6. 'shift' what does it ?

7. Remote unix (RS/6000) servers with dial-ins

8. W32p rev D/XF3.1.1 == Vert. Stripes?!

9. Unix Libraries Ins/Outs

10. unix spreadsheets

11. Spreadsheets for Unix ?

12. Spreadsheets for Unix