X Engineering Software Systems (XESS Corp.) announces the initiation of a
program to encourage the creation of plug-ins for the NExS spreadsheet by
third-parties. Henceforth, the author of any code that XESS Corp. chooses to
publish on its Web site will receive a free license for the NExS Personal
NExS Product Manager Dave Vanden Bout stated:
Many of our customers are interfacing NExS to other tools in
unique ways. We want to encourage them to share their creations
with others. We'll admit that a free copy of NExS is hardly
adequate compensation for the work that goes into many of these
plug-ins, but a small reward is better than no reward. And we are
not limiting this program to just plug-ins: anyone who has a NExS
spreadsheet for an interesting application or a document
explaining how to use NExS in a particular area is eligible for
this program. Just e-mail it to us. If we use it, we'll send you a
free NExS license.
Those interested in the various plug-ins currently available for the NExS
spreadsheet can check them out at www.xess.com. XESS Corp. provides these
plug-ins on an unsupported basis in the hopes that they might be useful to
users of the NExS spreadsheet. In addition, a free, 30-day version of the
NExS spreadsheet and the new conNExions-BETA API can also be downloaded for
the HP/UX, AIX, Digital UNIX, SunOS, Solaris and Linux platforms.
- 30 -
Previous news releases on the NExS Spreadsheet
* New Interface Between Perl and the NExS Spreadsheet
* Simulated Annealing Plug-In for NExS Released
* Genetic Algorithm Plug-In for NExS Released
* Updated Tcl/Tk Interface for the NExS Spreadsheet
* Linear Programming Plug-In for NExS Released
* Academic Pricing for NExS Personal Edition Introduced
* Free 30-Day Trial Licenses for NExS
* NExS Version 1.3-BETA Available
o New Features in NExS 1.3-BETA
o Bug Fixes from NExS 1.2 to NExS 1.3-BETA
* Buy NExS for UNIX, Get NExS for Linux Free!
* NExS Version 1.2 Available
|| Information Director XESS Corp. (919) 387-0076 ||
|| http://www.xess.com Apex, NC 27502 USA FAX:(919) 387-1302 ||
2. Slackware problems with new kernel.
3. WANTED: Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins
4. Maintaining a function library: sample Makefile wanted
5. Unix Plug-ins?
6. 'shift' what does it ?
7. Remote unix (RS/6000) servers with dial-ins
8. W32p rev D/XF3.1.1 == Vert. Stripes?!
9. Unix Libraries Ins/Outs
10. unix spreadsheets
11. Spreadsheets for Unix ?
12. Spreadsheets for Unix
13. Spreadsheet for UNIX???