Compiling with gcc, libraries missing???

Post by Bernhard Sadlows » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>Hello people,

>I do not have any idea of UNIX, but I have to compile a c source code
>to use it as a cgi script.

>There's what I tried:

>webfactory: {11} % gcc -o test.cgi test.c cgihtml.a
>test.c:3: process.h: No such file or directory
>test.c:4: dos.h: No such file or directory
>test.c:5: io.h: No such file or directory
>webfactory: {12} %

>cgihtml.a is a library I will have to use. It seems to me as if there
>were some include files missing. I checked out the whole system but
>was unable to find them. Transferring the files from my local computer
>causes some more error messages.

>Programs (better source codes) using just stdio.h work fine.
>What will I have to do?

Rewrite your C code, because it was probably written for a DOS C
compiler. On my Linux system, I have also no process.h, dos.h (DOS??),
and io.h, but they can be found in i.e. Borland C ...

As a first approximation comment out those includes and see which
functions are undefined. Then try to replace them with either your own
code or functions from the C or system library.

Good luck!
Bernhard
--
Bernhard Sadlowski