Netscape command line in UNIX

Post by TheMa » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am running Netscape version 3.x for UNIX in OpenWindows. I want to enter
a command line to start Netscape and go to a specific URL all at once.
Anyone who could supply the syntax that is needed to accomplish this task,
please reply to:

or post to this newsgroup.

                Thanks

netscape http://specific.url.com

--

...If you can't understand it, it is intiutively obivous

Netscape command line in UNIX

Post by Daniel Moor » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am running Netscape version 3.x for UNIX in OpenWindows. I want to enter
> a command line to start Netscape and go to a specific URL all at once.

Arguments which are not switches are interpreted as either files or
URLs to be loaded.

I am running 3.0, and this is from a message you get if you type
netscape -help

Dan
--
"...it's always something cruel that laughter drowns..."
    R. Orbison

Netscape command line in UNIX

Post by DJami194 » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

   Are you using double or single  quotes around the special chacters in
the command line that you do not want the shell to interpret?

      Use double quotes to prevent interprtation of all special chacters
except $  \  '

      Use single quotes to prevent interprtation of all characters and \
to prevent interpretation of only the next character.

Netscape command line in UNIX

Post by DJami194 » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Are you using single , or double quotes around the  special characters in
the command line?
Use the single quotes if you are sure that all characters are to be taken
for thier literal value.       Use double quotes if only the characters
 $  \  and    '     are to be passed through to the command.
     Use the    \    if you want to prevent interpretation of only the
next character.

1. Netscape Ldap, Netscape Calendar, how do you add users from command line?

Anyone have a clue on how to flag a user as a calendar user on the
command line?
We have a script that adds the user to the unix box, as a unix user. It
then adds the
person to our ldap server. What I can not seem to do is find the right
calendar command
to add the user to the calendar database. The uniuser command from
Calendar
wants to use Given/Surname. This is not unique, and we don't use
given/surname
to build our distinguished name. What I need is a command that will add
the user
with a dn cn=UNIXLOGINNAME, ou=People, o=wm.edu.  Anyone know of a News

                                                           Mark
Raciborski

2. Can't run ppp and eth0 at the same time. (newbie)

3. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

4. [Fwd: Audiocs driver...]

5. CAN I FTP FILES FROM UNIX TO NOVELL SERVERS USING THE UNIX COMMAND LINE???

6. how to change the keyboard mappings

7. Printing with Netscape by command line ?

8. New product announcements available via anonymous ftp

9. Netscape command-line options

10. ftp from netscape or ie to linux fails, but ftp from command line in win2k works

11. Command line options for Netscape ?

12. ftp from netscape or ie to linux fails, but ftp from command line in win2k works

13. where to set the font size used on Netscape's URL command line?