REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS (not so stupid)

Post by John Navar » Sun, 20 Dec 1992 10:59:53

> Elm is functional,

yep.

Quote:> and no-nonsense.
> Great aliasing capabilities and such.

<chuckle>. This seems like an oxymoron to me. I don't know about you but
in my version of elm, but I certainly wouldn't call this 'no-nonsense':

UserGroup =  My Cool User Friends       = user1, user2

huh?

-tms

--
You can get further with a kind word | You can get further with a kind word
and a gun than a kind word alone.    | and a phaser than a kind word and a gun.

Post by Tim Pier » Mon, 21 Dec 1992 14:12:39

>Elm is functional, and non-nonsense. Great
>aliasing capabilities and such. besides, most adept users don't want a
>new editor - they want to use the one they know...

Of course, if the one they know is TPU, then it's really nice at
*least* to have an editor that doesn't bomb out on you when you hit
Ctrl-Z.

Besides, if I remember Pine correctly, you can specify your own
editor.

--
____ Tim Pierce                /

1. Stupid or not so stupid questions

You don't have to have rc files for your shell, those are for adding to
or overriding the system defaults which are set in /etc/profile

That's an audio device, you need to recompile your kernel and support
sound, and go for the /dev/dsp and /dev/audio support after configuring
when configuring your sound card.

Hope this helps,

Jon Mitchell

2. User Based IP Accounting ?

3. One stupid question and one not so stupid

4. mount -f LMCFS,printer ... fails with "printer" as invalid option

5. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

6. netboot fun with a U10

7. Stupid, stupid, stupid! FAT access rights...

8. Any recommendation of new Mobo?

9. stupid stupid stupid

10. --stupid question but then there are no stupid questions--

11. Really, really stupid ifconfig question :-)

12. Really, REALLY stupid question...

13. stupid stupid. THANKS Sun-not.