OSF/1 vs System VR4 ?

Post by Michael Nels » Thu, 02 Apr 1992 06:57:49

I'm trying to compile a list of features/differences/oddities
of OSF/1 and System VR4.

Any information or pointers to information would be
*greatly* appreciated.

I will post a summary of my findings if there is interest.

Thanks in advance

Michael Nelson

1. BSD vs S5 vs MACH vs OSF/1 (no religion, please!)

Are there some *obvious* reasons (aside from the 'name') that C= (Commodore Amiga) choose to implement ma bells version of UN*X rather than Berkeley or
MACH or OSF/1,(especially the latter)?

Are there obvious things i'm gonna love/hate about the choice?

Please reply by email & I'll summarize...

thanks in advance,

2. Adaptec 1540 not supported?

3. BSD tty compatibility on System Vr4.

4. Linuxer's Hangout Site

5. mail notification on System VR4

6. Help setting up NNTP news server

7. News on System Vr4.2.

8. apache only uses 8-character passwords?

9. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

10. Learn OSF Technology at the OSF/DCE Conference

11. AMD running on OSF/1 (dec/alpha) version 3.2 run on OSF/1 4.0?

12. Dec OSF/1 Ref vs Solaris

13. OSF/1 vs. Solaris