how to preserve time stamp when doing ftp?

how to preserve time stamp when doing ftp?

Post by Ong Han Mi » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Folks,

        I am trying to ftp a file and yet preserve its time stamp when it
reaches the destination. Is there a while besides tarring it first and
untarring at the destination.

thanks much,
--
Han Ming

1. Time discrepancy between Linux and DOS time stamps for same file

When I look at the time stamp on a dos file using ls in Linux, it reports
a different time than DOS reports for the same file using dir.

This is for the /dosc partition mounted under Linux as a type msdos partition.

The time differential seems to be about 10 1/2 hours; where Linux thinks the
file is 10 1/2 hours older than the DOS time.

Does anyone know a fix or reason for this?

2. ***How to get info from the HTML files in other server??***

3. Preserving date stamps in ftp

4. Where can I find the kernel message by printk?!

5. Q on FTP & Time Stamp

6. Does it affect kernel?

7. synchronize date/time stamp with ftp server

8. compiling 1.3.30 Segmentation fault

9. ftp file date / time stamp missing

10. How To Preserve Stamped Date When Downloading from a WEB page/

11. Preserving Date Stamp When Downloading

12. Recommended time function for time stamp within a device driver?

13. Slackware 1.2.0 & DOS FTP Clients timing out