POSTSCRIP: simple question!

Post by Clemens Bart » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

POSTSCRIP: simple question!

Hi,

I have 2 postscriptfiles "file1.ps" and "file2.ps", both
DIN A4 and landscape orientated. What must I do, to have
both in one DIN A4 postscriptfile ?

My solution doesn't work:
  mpage -1 file1.ps file2.ps > file.ps
  mpage -2 file.ps > file_end.ps

Oh, please send me a mail, if you know how and thanks for your
it,

P.S.: What must I do with 4 or 6 or 8 in one?

POSTSCRIP: simple question!

Post by Sajjad Late » Wed, 29 Oct 1997 04:00:00

This may or may not work:
Remove the PostScript headers from the second file by simply editing them
out using vi or emacs. (perhaps the trailers from the first file)
Append the second file to the first.
Use GhostScript to view the result (to see if it works).

Else if you do not need the formatting, simply copy+past from ghostscript.

Sajjad
: POSTSCRIP: simple question!

: Hi,

: I have 2 postscriptfiles "file1.ps" and "file2.ps", both
: DIN A4 and landscape orientated. What must I do, to have
: both in one DIN A4 postscriptfile ?

: My solution doesn't work:
:   mpage -1 file1.ps file2.ps > file.ps
:   mpage -2 file.ps > file_end.ps

: Oh, please send me a mail, if you know how and thanks for your
: it,

: P.S.: What must I do with 4 or 6 or 8 in one?

1. POSTSCRIP: simple question!

POSTSCRIP: simple question!

Hi,

I have 2 postscriptfiles "file1.ps" and "file2.ps", both
DIN A4 and landscape orientated. What must I do, to have
both in one DIN A4 postscriptfile ?

My solution doesn't work:
  mpage -1 file1.ps file2.ps > file.ps
  mpage -2 file.ps > file_end.ps

Oh, please send me a mail, if you know how and thanks for your
it,

P.S.: What must I do with 4 or 6 or 8 in one?

2. environment variables - server support? good idea?

3. Problem with dynamic library

4. XF86_W32 Xfree 3.11 problems.

5. A simple question deserving a simple answer

6. tool called iprof

7. a simple sed question ( there all simple :> )

8. Simple question from simple user

9. Simple FTP question (very simple)

10. simple question about simple code

11. Simple question for us simple minded.