Terminal set-up and vi problem

Post by Yi Qin (BCW P » Wed, 24 Nov 1993 02:30:34

Hi, netters.

If this question is already beaten to death, please could
anyone point me to the appropriate FAQ list? Otherwise, I'll
appreciate someone email me about the tricks.

My problem is connected with rsh/telnet/rlogin and use of vi
in X Windows. I have in my .login file the following lines:
set noglob; eval `tset -e^H -r -Q -s`;
eval resize

When I rsh to another host from an xterm and start vi, there
alsways some long lines wrapped around and do not appear in
the next line. The text above the long line is push upward.
The top of the text disappears.

I guess I haven't got the terminal set-up right, or I haven't
given the correct option(s) for vi in EXINIT.

Please drop me a line if it's easy to fix.

Thanx a lot in advance.

qinyi

PS: BTW, after rsh, TERM is xterm.

1. vi config, terminal setting or Xceed configuration issue ?

Hi there,

I seem to be having a terminal setting problem rather than a vi
configuration problem:

When I try to enter numbers from the numeric section of the keyboard in the
vi editor some letter appears and the line shifts up.  When I do this on
the command prompt it behaves normally.  I guess vi resets the terminal
settings in some mode so my keyboard settings do not correspond what is set
up in exceed anymore.
Everything behaves normally when I access Unix without exceed using telnet
from the NT prompt.

Anybody an explanation ?

Note: We access Unix thru the Hummingbird Xceed X terminal software on an
NT windows PC.

2. #include <math.h> not working

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. RH6.0 kernel compile error

5. why doesn#t "set -o vi" enable vi style cmdln editing?

6. SGML to postscript?

7. Vi host terminal problems?

8. Quota system with thousands of users

9. vi and terminal problem

10. terminal problem w/ vi

11. vi - problem on ibm3151 terminal

12. bash : "set -o emacs" and "set -o vi"

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.