HELP: changing write permissions on owned files

HELP: changing write permissions on owned files

Post by Dale Lindsk » Wed, 21 Sep 1994 16:03:51

   I wish to delete some files that I have on my unix account.  However,
although I own these files I do not have write permission and hence I
cannot delete them.  Can anyone give me the commands required to
accomplish my task?

Thanking you in advance,
Dale Lindskog

p.s. email me directly if possible

HELP: changing write permissions on owned files

Post by wha.. » Wed, 21 Sep 1994 19:05:06

writes:

Quote:>    I wish to delete some files that I have on my unix account.  However,
> although I own these files I do not have write permission and hence I
> cannot delete them.  Can anyone give me the commands required to
> accomplish my task?

chmod +w file1 file2 ....
rm file1 file2 ....

HELP: changing write permissions on owned files

Post by Rene Aungi » Thu, 22 Sep 1994 08:49:24

chmod u=rwx *

This changes the owner protection.

Ren