How to fecth the current boot device in ksh

How to fecth the current boot device in ksh

Post by Jungle Li » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:37:38

All:
     I want to configure some files according to the boot device (disk or
net) when booting.
    I plan to put a sh under rcS.d/ to do some actions, so I need to fetch
the current boot device
name. would you please tell me if the solution is possbile and teach me how
to fetch the current
 boot device in S run-level. I use SUN workstation with Solaris 8.

   BTW:  there will be default boot device. but some booting will not use
the default.

Thanks

1. How to get the current boot device name?

All:
     I want to configure some files according to the boot device (disk or
net) when booting.
    I plan to put a sh under rcS.d/ to do some actions, so I need to fetch
the current boot device
   name. would you please tell me if the solution is possbile and teach me
how to fetch the current
  boot device in S run-level. I use SUN workstation with Solaris 8.

   BTW:  there will be default boot device. but some booting will not use
the default.

Thanks

2. FAQ: comp.lang.awk: pointer

4. mod_vhost_alias and frontpage???

5. diskless boot hit error while booting kernel, cannot find boot device, dhcp problem?

6. ISA NIC Redhat 7

7. Difference between Installing from Ins Svr and Boot Svr?

8. Squid for linux

9. current dir in ksh prompt

10. ksh: current directory in prompt

11. ksh newbie requires prompt to show current working dir

12. Changing prompt to reflect new current working directory in ksh

13. ksh - how to read files *.dat from current directory